Translate

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dear Friend: Pass It On

To My Friend,

The reason I'm writing you is to tell you how thankful I am to have had you in my life.  To have pointed me in the right direction with the Lord among other aspects of my life.  I can't help but look at some self-improvements and developments I've made in the past year.  And although you weren't there for a lot of them, and I can proudly say I've done a lot on my own, I can't just say I did it all by myself.  You were the one who's planted that seed.  You are the one who put courage and love back inside my heart.  You are the one who made me realize after looking through what you do, to be more mindful, thankful, selfless and impressionable.  So, often times when I take steps that all those emotions fill, I do wish you were nearby, but I am content that I move forward knowing you were that momentary reason brought by God to give me strength throughout my walk of life.  I tell you this b/c after an entire year, I'm finally able to share the goodness of the Lord that you have bestowed upon me.  It is a wonderful feeling to be able to pass on what has been passed onto me by you.  I have invited one friend to church two weeks ago and by last week it has grown to four.  These friends I haven't seen in almost a decade!  And I just reached out to them b/c it was mentioned they were looking to attend a church with their values.  It was the best feeling to hear all four, almost all at the same time tell me, "Thank you!  I think we found our new home here!"  Not only that, remember a video you have shared with me last year that was the skit to Lifehouse's "Everything" (CLICK HERE FOR YOUTUBE VIDEO)?  That same exact one I sent to them, giving them the story behind how it was given to me (of course, I didn't disclose any names for anonymity).  And one of the sister's of the one who came to church, who is also a close friend of mine and is unsure about it, I sent her the other first video you sent to me when I was in a rut and unsure.  The video from Casting Crowns "Does Anybody Hear Her" (CLICK HERE FOR YOUTUBE VIDEO), also telling her the story behind that and where I was in life at that time.  A blessing that after all this time, I am able to share my personal experiences to those who have yet to have a relationship with God.  I thought I'd let you know b/c I'm sure that makes you happy as well, that you're work and your dedication has not gone unnoticed.  :)


Bless You,


Me

- Dedicated to TM

No comments:

Post a Comment