Translate

Monday, October 5, 2009

Is God All Around Us? The Sign of the Cross


One Friday, I woke up in the middle of the night unable to sleep.  Again, another restless night…another night with troubling thoughts that won’t detach.  My cat nudges my hand to give me comfort, but then begins to chatter and stare at the ceiling as if to see something.  I saw nothing.  She continues to chatter and look up.  Moments later, as I start to stare upward with my eyes wide with alertness…there It appeared on my ceiling; a bright shape that began to form into a cross.

At first when I saw it, I was startled, I do admit…and I even tried to debunk the formation to prove to myself it was nothing more than a light shining through my blinds.  But, the cross still remained after a few different attempts to expose what many would influence – is that scientifically it’s resolvable.  Afterwards, instead of fighting to prove it was something else, I laid back, and enjoyed the calmness that came over me.  And that is when I realized that I am not alone.  I’ve been going through a difficult time, a rather challenging time, and some great times too…but nevertheless, I’ve been going through some changes.

A few minutes went by, and the bright cross slowly started to dissipate.  And as it did, I questioned a few things.  Was this a sign, almost as if speaking through me to get me to understand a little bit more of His ways?  That He is always there for me?  That I have nothing to fear?  That God is all around us?  One thing that I certainly did not question, however, is that although I may at times feel alone and sometimes physically alone, that I truly am not, and that He walks beside me in life no matter what I go through.


No comments:

Post a Comment